Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

So now I'm finally starting to count down the days until I fly out. I only have 20 more days! Everything is coming together nicely... EXCEPT the packing. Ugh LOL It's tough to pack for a three week mission trip, let alone for a whole year or more, in two suitcases each weighing 50 lbs or less. But slowly I am gathering all the supplies I'll need and making a huge mound in my room around the suitcase. Haha! One of the girls I'll be housemates with named Daneen has been very helpful through email, giving me tips of what to pack and what to wait and buy when I get to Uganda.

As far as finances go, I only have about $100 per month or $1100 total to raise to have enough for the whole upcoming year. If you would still like to give or pledge monthly support, just let me know.

I recently found out that the guest house I'll be living in has three bedrooms ( so when there aren't other visitors I'll get my own room), a mini fridge, a stovetop, and HOT WATER when the electricity is on. WooHoo!!! I totally didn't expect that last one:) Praise Jesus. And all the walls are...get this...purple! Purple is my favorite color:) Super fun!

I AM BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment